Lawyers AND ATTORNEYS - All Services! All Areas!

Johannesburg & Pretoria/Gauteng, Cape Town/Western Cape, Durban/Kwa Zulu Natal

What must I do after a motor vehicle accident?

These are some of the important things you need to do: Call the police or report the accident to the closest police station within 24 hours. Co-operate with all law enforcement and emergency personnel who respond to the scene. Get the number plates of all other vehicles involved in the accident, the drivers' names and identity numbers, addresses, telephone numbers, description of the motor vehicles the registration numbers; and the date, times and address of the collision and any other information that may be relevant. If an employee is driving a motor vehicle on behalf of an employer, then the details of the employer. Write down the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all potential witnesses to any accident or injury. Take photographs of the following: the scene of the accident, from all angles; the surrounding area; your injuries; and any damage to property. Draw a sketch plan of the scene and make sure that it contains a fixed point so that it can easily be traced. If you have been injured, consult a doctor immediately even if you think that the injury is not serious.

Get Legal Help Now!

Immediate Action Request

Use this form to request a call back or an email within 1 working hour from our office.

Please complete the reCAPTCHA to help us reduce spam and to complete the form sending process.

Clients. is a national network of websites connecting clients with the most suitable lawyer or attorney for their needs. We offer a guaranteed response time within 1 working hour to legitimate requests for legal support and services. See more below.


Lawyers and Law Firms.

Want to join our network and get more Clients?   CLICK HERE


Complete an online form.

Get legal help now!